Thursday, October 02, 2008

Well, it has been almost one week since my journey back in time to adolescence, and I have to say it was simply amazing. For those who might not know to what I am referring, I'm talking about my trip to Boston last Friday to see New Kids on the Block. I know, it sounds silly. And in all honesty, it sounded silly to me too, even the week of the concert. I thought it would be a fun night out with the girls and we would end up laughing at the ridiculousness of the whole thing. But it wasn't. Yes, it was a super fun night out with the girls, but it was so much more! NKOTB put on the best concert I've ever seen. Many of you remember me going to see Madonna a few years ago and know that it was on my list of things to do before I die, and remember that while it was a good show, I was disappointed because Madonna thought she was in Boston despite being in Worcester and because I was sure she only performed half of her show. She only was on stage for under an hour. I think she cut her intermission and only performed a half show. Now, my tickets were free and they were good, so I didn't complain, but I was highly disappointed (ask poor Amy-she was stuck in the car with me!). NKOTB blew the Madonna show and every other show I've seen out of the water! They sang--and lets be clear--they were good! They danced and not like 40 year old men--they shook their money makers! Danny Wood did a breakdance solo that would put almost anyone to shame. They did solo songs, they sang together, the had dancers, they had the Celtics star Paul Pierce and the NBA Trophy for goodness sake! It was incredibly. It was over two hours! We forgot that we had been lost in Boston because Mandy the GPS doesn't do tunnels. We forgot that it was raining, that we had to pee super bad (well, maybe Teresa didn't forget that part), that we didn't get a real meal. We didn't care that we would have ringing ears for two days or that Natasha Bettingfield's mic was on too high and so she sounded like she was screaming. All we cared about was that we were there. It was such an incredible night. I would put it as one of the best nights ever. I lived a childhood dream. And I'm living it again! Yup-the show was so good that we're getting a second set of tickets. That's why living in NE is so awesome, we can get to many cities without much drama and will be seeing the boys again in a few weeks. How I love my life! And this time, instead of four, there will be seven, because the buzz is spreading and more and more want to see Joey, Donnie, Jordan, Jon, & Danny! Heather is Hangin Tough!

No comments: