Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I miss my Mom. I'm not sure if it is the rain, or the feeling overwhelmed by most everything in life right now, or that I'm seeing my girls this weekend, or that I am really just a 6 year old at heart, but I miss my mommy. I want to sleep late in my small twin bed in my room (my room-not the spare bedroom which houses my actual bed so that we can have a queen bed in what once was my room) and have her make me a cup of coffee and maybe some pancakes for breakfast in my pj's. And I want to sit and play cards for a few hours as the morning slowly winds away, in a way we haven't been able to do since well before Grant was born. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a single solitary part of my life right now (except for that stupid red sox rain out I had to go last night), but I would very much like to be kid home on college break who is getting spoiled a little by my mom. I think that deep inside, most of us have a longing for home sometime-that place where we can be 100% safe, wear our glasses and not straighten our hair, where make up is a joke and those five extra pounds are simply not important under comfy jeans, soft socks, and a warm hoodie. Mommies are the best-go call yours. I'm looking forward to doing just that!

No comments: