Friday, July 20, 2012

I stayed home with my boys today and had just a regular, normal Friday.  How sad that people in our world didn't have the same day.  That a stranger wandered into a theater and took the lives of 12 people and injured nearly another 50.  In small town USA.  In the town that is the home of my very best friend.  That injured the friend of a friend and took the life of another's cousin.  Of people who did nothing wrong, just showed up to watch a movie.  I was home with my babies today and so the television didn't go on all day and in a way I'm very blessed because I wasn't subjected to the photos and videos.  I read articles on CNN.com, but couldn't have a reaction in anyway because of those sweet little boys.  It was a gift for me.  Every day I think about how blessed I am to have those two babies and more and more I feel time sliding away.  It won't be long before I have to explain the wrongs of the world to my boys instead of shutting down the computer and turning an empty box into an ice cream store.  But for today, I was able to hold them just a little bit tighter and read a few extra stories and deliver cupcakes to the neighbors.  And that was enough for me.

No comments: