Sunday, January 02, 2011

Vacation is over-and really, not a moment too soon. Its been lovely, but our whole family needs some routine to get us back on track! I'm not really looking forward to going back to work because I'll be swamped and stressed for the next 10-13 weeks, but my new graduate assistant starts soon and that should really help things. Yeah for Carolyn!

We took Grant bowling for the first time today. We were desperate to get out of the house, but didn't really want to go to far or do to much. It turns out, he's not really big enough to roll the ball all the way down the lane by himself, what with barely being three and all. They have this ramp thing that you can put in the lane and he can carry the ball over and put it on top and simply roll it down. He loved it-and outscored his mother.


I'm not going to lie though, bowling at 27 weeks pregnant might have been a mistake. I've had some nice pain in my belly since we got home. I think work will be the best thing to happen to me in terms of taking it easy! no more lugging around a 34 pound kid all day! and lots of sitting in chairs and in meetings, not jumping up and down off the floor or trying to find a way to carefully create a lap so both kids are comfortable and neither kid is being smooched. Good problems to have though :)
Taylor now has unlocked a wookie on his Star Wars game. such a cute little lego wookie :)
My friend Britt starts working at the same place as me again tomorrow and Amy is going to be induced. January 3rd, you're looking like a vast improvement over January 2nd!

No comments: