Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My baby turns one tomorrow. How is that possible? I can tell you exactly what I was doing a year ago tonight, in a world before I met Grant. I had dinner with friends. I wanted to have the baked brie, but soft cheeses are a no-no when pregnant and even though I knew I was having the baby the next day, I didn't want to take the chance. I went to the mall, I did some laundry, and I packed and repacked and repacked my hospital bag. I snuggled with the cats. I sat on the exercise ball.

Flash forward a year--tonight i made cupcakes so Grant would have cake for his birthday (he already had his real cake during his party, but everyone deserves cake on their birthday), I did laundry so Grant would have the cute boy jeans that match his special "my birthday" shirt from his Auntie Kriselyn, I played, went to the grocery store for YoBaby Yogurt, play played, and read books and snuggled with my baby on his last night as a baby.

It goes so fast. I know that in the blink of an eye, he'll be starting school, dating girls, and driving cars. Taylor laughed at me on the ride home from the hospital last year when I said he would be going to college before we knew it-but I don't think he would laugh now-because the first year went in seconds. Tomorrow my baby becomes a toddler and I'm almost guaranteed a few tears. I'm going to go sneak into his room now to check on him, sleeping in his snugly footie pajamas with the space shuttles on them, passed out on his tummy, head resting on his taggie blanket, dreaming the night away!

No comments: