Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Today is a tough day for me. My mommy is having
knee surgery in a land far far away, and I'm stuck behind my desk. Also, Krissy and Jen are together for the next 24 hours or so, and again, I'm stuck behind my desk. I would rather be in either location. I'm a sad girl!

Emilie is my hero! Yesterday she taught me that Ann
Taylor Loft (ATL for those of us on a first name basis) now has a maternity line. It is super expensive, but I'm hoping they come out with a few good basic work pieces. All I want is a simple maternity suit, but I'm not sure when that will happen. Yes, I haven't gained any actual weight with the baby, but believe me when I tell you that what I've got has shifted and I've got a nice little bump going on. It literally all
happened last week. My clothes fit and then they didn't-I justdidn't understand what happened! Amy gave me some stuff this weekend, so I have to weed through it and find what I still need to get. I'm going through the in between weeks, where my stuff is too snug (for the most part)
and maternity stuff is falling down. Thank goodness for the fat clothes I saved a few years ago for just this
reason. Plus, I'm only working four day weeks, so I really can get by with a limited clothes rotation right now. I did say goodbye to my jeans this weekendthough. It was a sad day :(

What else is new...we still don't have cable. It is
tough, but watching Taylor scream at the cable company on Saturday morning was really more entertaining than a week of prime time summer television. It was the greatest!

Work is annoying right now. I'm not in the mood and everything and most everyone bugs me right now. Oh well. Part of my job this week has been researching the "beertruck". You can't really
complain about your job when it is tracking down the adult version of an ice cream truck :) I wish it was the Del's truck instead.

I finally started loading my music onto my iPod last night. I had moved a bunch of Taylor's things, and our community property music over, but now I've got NKOTB and some good, old school country, so I feel a little like me. Unfortunately my work computer is so old it doesn't have a flash drive, so I have to listen through headphones. Hey-if they can't give me what I consider basic technology, they can come to the door if they want me instead of yelling down the hall! Anything for a little Joey and Hanging Tough in the middle of the afternoon!

No comments: