Monday, February 05, 2007

Another Monday morning...another episode of what fun painting projects did Heather and Taylor do this weekend! Well, since I know you're just dying to know, I'll put an end to the suspense! This weekend we, painted my closet doors and put new pulls on, polished the hardwoods in the spare bedroom, painted the heater grates to most of the rooms in the house, cleaned up the basement, painted part of the basement, and put in a new bathroom floor. Most of this was done on Sunday, as Saturday we spent time shopping for the supplies for the above projects as well as other touches of "home" for the purpose of staging. We had to go to three stores before we found a welcome mat that actually says "Welcome". We also bought a fun dry erase board (yes, we feel like we are in college) for a message board by the phone in the kitchen to cover up some yuck the woman before us left on the walls. A lovely arrangement of Ivy was purchased to draw your eye to the top of the fridge in the kitchen, some colored blankets to give warmth to the bedroom, a rug to go in the spare bedroom, and a lamp for the bedroom. I am one of the only people on the planet that looks forward to Monday to get away from the house! Still, we finally sat down together during half time of the Super Bowl last night and agree that we think we beat the house in the battle this weekend. Taylor is the MVP (which is happening in his life a lot lately) because he spent the better part of the day putting in the bathroom floor, which meant figuring out all the cuts for behind the triangle toilet. The house had a good shot at beating us this time, but we were victorious!

All that said, I'm sleepy! Tonight, it is back to the basement for some time. I'm scrubbing the floors and the shelves so we can pack all the boxes we've packed tightly into one area, while making the other look like a place we hang out. Now, we don't really hang out in our basement (thought I do love to do laundry), but it will sure look like it is the place to be when all is said and done. I think it will be a short night of work though, because my hands are covered in little cuts and are so dry from being washed constantly that they sting! Plus, 24 is on tonight, so I know I'll lose Taylor early.

I worked Saturday night for a few hours and missed book club. I'm really bummed out, because not only did I miss my few hours of girl time a month, I missed meeting Meg's new baby and having a chance to love and squeeze him. Stupid work! Stupid Basketball Alumni messing with my schedule!

Ross will be home in a week!!!!!!

No comments: