Monday, November 27, 2006

How was your Thanksgiving weekend? Ours, well, ours was quite expensive. Taylor and I broke down on the way to PA on Wednesday night. To make a long story short, we spent a lovely evening in Danbury CT (home to Martha Stewart's prison), then were picked up by Taylor's dad and taken to a fun-filled family weekend. Turns out it is the transmission in the Honda-which is what we thought. Our car is in CT getting fixed by a friend of the world famous "Uncle Marty", we have David's station wagon, and David has Ross's car. He was pulling for the Beamer, but I think he got the Subaru wagon instead. We are very grateful to all involved and are proud to announce the "No-N0-mobile" (the Silver Honda) will be back and running on Saturday. We decided it was better to just pay the cash and fix it than to deal with the hassle of getting a new car right now. Overall, it was probably a coin flip in terms of value, but for the added value of not dealing with new car shopping now, we think this is a win. Thanks to all those involved in keeping this as painless as possible.

While in PA, we did have a great time. Friday we went to Pat's Kind of Steak in Philly and got a cheese steak "wit whiz". It was good, but ordering there is like being at the soup natzy! It was a somewhat traumatizing event, but fun all the same. We then walked around an open-air Italian Market where I felt at one with my people. It was fun to be with other brunettes for a change, having spent Thanksgiving in a room full of blonds!

Taylor dragged Emilie and I to Valley Forge National Park. He was in his element, and we pretty much let him have fun since he had been under a tremendous amount of car stress. I love my man, but what a history dork! Turns out he was extra excited because he and Alex had been watching a documentary on Valley Forge in the morning. Somethings don't change!

So, tonight is just a normal night at the MacFarlane house and I couldn't be more excited. I've already won my fantasy football game (kicked the unbeatable Jeniffer's butt!), so I've benched the rest of my team so they don't screw it up for me, so there is no pressure to watch the game. Think I'll head home, jump on the elliptical, start dinner, and wait for the hard working family man to get home. Fall Finale of Prison Break is tonight. I've got $10 bucks that says that Michael, Link, and Sarah all live!

No comments: