Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hi People!

I realize I haven't been writing as much as I did last time I had a rant, but I think that is because I don't have that much going on in my life these days. No more wedding for us, and last summer's seven wedding summer has made way for just one wedding this summer, and we missed it for another event. School is done and so my stress level is much lower. I get to come home at a reasonable hour most nights, which is a treat. As a matter of fact, tonight I "worked late", but was still out of the office by 5:30. Granted, this is summer and in education summer is much easier, but the thought of coming home five nights a week when everyone else is going back to school makes me a very happy lady!

I got beat by my computer today. We just got new computers at work, and something funky is going on with our outlook program. My clock keeps changing times, but today's issue was the times in my outlook calendar were all off by an hour, thus making me miss a meeting. While it was only an internal meeting, and someone came to find me when I was 15 minutes late, I was totally frazzled! In my 5 years at Assumption, I've never missed a meeting or an appointment. IT came out to look at my computer (and some other folks who were having the same problem) and the genius suggested I hand change the times on every appointment in my book. I really didn't need a "professional" for that tidbit of knowledge, but I smiled anyway and waited for this idiot to get out of my office. I love technology, but today I ordered a new weekly planner as a backup. I'm not getting beat by my computer again. Stupid Dell!

Taylor is getting ready for his big fantasy draft this weekend. He will trek to Mat's house for a fun-filled day of making fun of Scotty the Biter, Max's softball bat, and the "kids", who I imagine are all about 25 now. Normal conversation at our house is likely over for the week. Instead of talking to me, I expect Taylor to be on the phone quite a lot trying to determine who will be available to him with the fourth pick in the draft. Instead of "How was your day dear?" I hear questions such as, "If (Taylor makde me take his name out) is available at number 8, I have to take him, right?" He cracks me up and of all the habits he could have, I'm perfectly excited to have a husband who plays fantasy football. Clearly he is a little high strung right now, but overall he is cute, so he can have this one week of the crazy.

Sadly, this is my exciting day. Thanks to dinner at my in-law's last night, I don't have to make dinner tonight. It is Chicken Wednesday in our house tonight!

No comments: