Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Today is the Feast of the Assumption. For those of you, who like me are not Catholic, this is a Holy Day of Obligation celebrating Mary's Assumption into heaven. For the rest of us, this is a day to celebrate getting out of work early! Working for the Catholic's has its privileges, and getting out of work two hours early one day in the summer is one of them. I used my time wisely, I went shoe shopping. While I was unsuccessful in my shoe journey, I did have a nice time wondering around the mall.

I also used my time to catch up with my girls. Living in different time zones from Kriselyn and Jeniffer can be very trying as it makes being able to chat on the phone difficult at times. Today I had the rare occasion to talk to both of them in the middle of the day. The stars were all in alignment I guess. Sadly, our conversation was about postponing our girls weekend, but that just gives us more time to look forward to the trip.

Well, my sweet Ross is off on his grand seven month adventure. Our weekend at his party was bittersweet. We had a nice time at the beach together and it was lovely to catch up with his family, who I think of as my own extended family, but the whole time we knew we would have to say goodbye at the end of the night. I won't pretend I did goodbye with grace, I definitely cried. Ross is an incredibly important person to Taylor and I. Most of our dear friends and family live far away. Having Ross in driving distance has been a blessing for us both, and something we all took for granted since he has been back from the sub. Goodbye was tough, especially surrounded by lots of other people in the middle of downtown Providence. Don't forget what I said Ross, be incredibly careful while you are away and know we are all thinking of you. As a matter of fact, our families have already been out to dinner...and you are in trouble with Taylor and I. We will call you and yell at you when we can!

No comments: