Friday, August 18, 2006

I promised Alex a list of my deep thoughts as they came to me through the day. Here you go...
I'm supposed to be alone in the office today, but my boss showed up. There go my thoughts of leaving early..

Ross, less pictures of your kevlar vest, more pictures of smiling and looking ready to come home. Your mom doesn't need to see anything else in a camo print!

There is a woman named Angela Moore going on our alumni trip to Montreal today. Think she paints bracelets?

I think that by Sunday Grace and Elizabeth will be able to be in the same room together. Probably earlier, but Taylor and I are going to be too scattered between now and then. I had a very restless night of sleep, waking about once an hour to try to hear if Grace was crying from her fort in the spare bedroom. She was fine-I was a wreck!

my knowledge of postal regulations is terrifying. Seriously, no one needs to know this stuff.

This day couldn't possibly go slower.

Augh! My boss just left and now announced he is coming back around 5. I'm trapped here!

I just got a new planner. I love filling in a new planner. Having everything properly laid out and organized is so great. I look like a messy person, because I am a piler of things, but I know where everything is in this organized chaos I call an office. A new planner is like the ultimate in organization. I'm going to take the next hour and ice my toe and fill in my book!

I'm on an Indigo Girls kick right now. This happens at the same time every year. They have a song, Mystery, which has a line my friend mentioned to me right before we left for our freshman year of college: I could go crazy on a night like tonight, summer's beginning to give up her fight. The first cool night of summer always gets that song stuck in my hear, so I dig out the CD on the drive to work. Thank goodness for the hour long drive. I like the fall, the leaves, the cool weather, the smells, but I live for spring. In the fall it feels like things are dying but in the spring it is all about rebirth and things coming back to life. I think it is because I'm a spring birthday that I enjoy that time of year so much. Who knows. But, fall does have it's privileges--Football! Don't forget, preseason gave two, which means absolutely nothing and no one with a real shot of making the team will play, is Saturday night. Any excuse to drag out the jersey and munch on chips and salsa works for me! Plus, the Patriots are playing the Cardinals, so we can make fun of Kurt Warner. Maybe they will show his wife on TV. She is the ugliest person on the planet!

I miss Amy. I hate when she goes on vacation.

The soccer team just walked by my office, intensely talking about Jay Z. I can't believe the kids are back!

I need some updated photos in my office. I have one of Jenny and I from College, one of Taylor and I from just out of college, a save the date for a wedding of one of my students (they grow up so fast!), a few of my niece Alessandra from her dance class, and one of my girls when they were just kittens. I have one updated photo of Krissy, Jen and I from our wedding, but even that was over two years old. Oh, I do have a few that Pam has printed me through the year of baby Rebecca and a cute one of Emilie and I drinking wine. I love digital cameras but I really miss pictures.

Yes Kriselyn, I am in fact happy that I'm married after your day! Glad you can still laugh at things shoe girl! Keep an eye to your mailbox. As soon as I make it to the post office, you should have a treat!

The Assumption President is retiring at the end of the year. Should be an interesting year to be working here. I love a good party and this will be the year for parties at work. Unfortunately, we throw them instead of attend them. But, one of my bosses "goals" for me for the year was to spend less time producing events and more time making sure I'm in the room and seeing prospects. Maybe I will get a glass of wine and a mini quiche at some point after all.

I write all of my emails at work in Purple. That is the color of our rival school. I should probably change to blue, but I hate blue...how much longer until lunch? I suppose we have to eat inside today since there are only five of us in at this point in the day. We can't let a telephone go to voicemail here ever. It is against all the rules. Don't try to wear a denim jacket either. I have special permission to wear flip flop type shoes today with my broken toe. I thought I worked in education because it was low-key and we wanted to make a difference in the lives of students. Lately I just seem to make a difference in the bank accounts of rich people. Maybe it is good that the students are coming back now. We all really need a dose of reality and a reminder of why we come to work every day.

I have a secret...other than Kriselyn's house and the big red boat, I hate Cape Cod! Going over the bridge is like my own personal hell. And I hate how people are going to Maine now for weekends as a Cape alternative. Maine is my state. While everyone else thought it was the frozen tundra, I was surviving ice storms and hanging out on rocky beaches. Get your own place to vacation and leave mine alone!

Just heard Troy come down for the microwave. Must be lunch time. I have a bagel and an apple. Thomas' makes these new square bagels for making sandwiches. I don't eat sandwiches, but since the time I usually spend making lunch was spend dragging Grace out from under the bed, I just grabbed the first portable things I could find. I'll warm it for a few minutes, put some PB on it and slice my apple with my new fancy apple slicer. Thanks Taylor!

No comments: