Thursday, September 21, 2006

I have lots to catch you on-so stay tuned to my real blog tonight.
This little tidbit of news just couldn't wait another second.

Morton Anderson, age 46, has been signed by the Atlanta Falcons. For the non-football nuts in the group, Anderson is a kicker and yes, kickers can be old. But kickers can't be ancient. 46 years old is old enough to be the dad--quite literally--of some of the players on the team. He didn't even need to be a teen parent-he could have fathered one of the rookies at age 24! Are you kidding me! Travel Europe, bounce your grandchildren on your knee, sleep late, but for goodness sake, don't join the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE!

All that being said, I've always really like Mort and his famous kicking brother Gary. Welcome back buddy--opening the Superdome, what a way to return to the game!

I'll talk about baseball later tonight and the historical game Taylor and I attended last nigh!

No comments: