Thursday, September 28, 2006

Hey everyone--

Hope you are all looking forward to a good day at work today. I'm going to be busy today with a bunch of meetings that i'm not really looking forward to having. the things we do for our jobs!

Worked late last night, then went home and watched some Grey's. I just finished episode 21 of season 2. I have to tell you, while I like McDreamy as much as the next gal, I think McBurke is the guy to love forever! Oh those intense eyes!

Had a funny phone call with Jenny last night. We finally beat the time zone issues and were able to chat. We agree that the word "boppie" is studip! Didn't women used to just hold their babies?

So, as many of you know, I get totally obsessed with CDs, or more specifically songs, and won't listen to anything else for weeks at a time. The most memorable occasions of this were Spilled Perfume in high school (oh, the Benjamin/Brent saga!) and then the great Call and Answer semester in college. This time it is Mary Chapin Carpenter's greatest hits CD. It isn't the whole thing, but about 6 or so songs. I've been thinking lots about senior year of high school, since one of the songs contains my best friend in high school's yearbook quote, "Some people say you shouldn't tempt fate, and for them I can't disagree. But, I never learned nothing from playing it safe, I say fate should not tempt me.". In retrospect, my yearbook quote (which I can't come up with off the top of my head) was about letting things go and waiting to see if they come back. Talk about being polar opposites! Probably how we got through high school, shared boyfriends, fights, and the break-up of Cal and Connor.

crap-meeting now! more later!

1 comment:

jeniffercox said...

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn a Boppie down if it was a gift...it's just one of those things that I can't convince myself is a "must have" item for Mom's. It just seems kind of silly...like Mom's haven't been using pillows or whatever else was handy to stabilize the kiddos forever...who knows though. Maybe Boppies are one of those inventions that people can't live without, now that someone invented it. Perhaps if Brian's Mom and my Mom had supported our heads with Boppies he wouldn't have gotten a ticket this afternoon for having expired tags (since July), and I wouldn't have driven all the way to post to rescue him only to realize that I was driving around with an expired insurance card, and had to drive home and get before they would let me drive on post...Perhaps a Boppie would have prevented these mental lapses!