Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Looks like our Dell might be coming this afternoon. Big day in the MacFarlane household. Everyone cross your fingers for us!

We had a fun long weekend. Ross called us from Kuwait. It was great to talk to him and hear that he really is doing okay. He sends periodic emails, but you have to assume he is sugar-coating things to a certain extent. He really sounded fine though and he is already counting down until his return.

We went to Amy's 30th birthday party this weekend. We had a lot of fun. I found out that two more friends are pregnant. It seems the baby boom of our friends is going to continue. I'm very excited for Suz and Amy-they are due about a week apart, so that will be fun for them. Half of my book club is knocked up-the rest of us drank a lot at the party to celebrate our non-pregnant status!

We didn't do much during the rest of the week. We watched a bunch of movies, each read a book, and took naps. It was quiet, but it was nice.

I'm really reacting poorly to the changing of the seasons. They closed the ice cream place at the end of our street over the weekend. I just noticed last night and I burst into tears. Now to be clear, I went there once all summer, but I like the idea that I can have ice cream on demand, but more I like the idea of summer that comes from a place like that--someplace with teenagers and swingsets and radios playing loud annoying music. Then I noticed the trees are changing colors. All this on top of the kids all being back in school is just too much for me to take. I demand summer!

I'm exhausted today for some reason. I'm trying to get back off of caffeine. I liked the six months were I was substance free! Summer classes and the stress of my golf tournament put me back on the drug, but now i'm committing to get back off. I've started mixing my coffee with decaf in the morning, and I've all but given up diet coke. I'm willing to take the partial headaches that come with the withdrawal. I know I can do this, and I know I felt better when I wasn't so addicted, so this is my project for the month of September.

I've been busy all day at work, but haven't managed to do a single thing. I have a meeting with the VP today, which stinks. This man is a terrible manager and terrible with people, so anytime I have to talk to him I dread it. I'm hoping it is short and relatively painless. We will see...

Lunch time!

No comments: